Pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot soup
By Maddison Nusdorfer (BHSc Nutritional and Dietetic Medicine) – Clinic Services Coordinator
- 3 cups of chopped and peeled butternut pumpkin
- 3 cups of chopped and peeled sweet potato
- 3 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1L of vegetable stock
- 4cm piece of lemongrass finely sliced
- Thumb sized chunk of ginger finely sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass in olive oil in a large pot until fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables to the pot and cook for ten minutes until they are browned.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Once the vegetables and stock are boiling bring them down to a simmer and cook for at least 1 hour.
- Once the vegetables are soft and falling apart, use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.