Recipe: Corn Fritters
by Maddy Parr BHSc (Nut.Med) – Clinical Nutrition Student
- 1 peeled and cut corn cob
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water (or two eggs)
- ¼ cup of coriander
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Salad & Avocado to serve
- Cut up corn and save ½ cup of corn for later and place remaining corn in a large bowl.
- Add egg substitutes equivalent to 2 eggs (flaxseeds and water or whichever you choose), coriander to a big bowl and one small red onion cut into small pieces.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a stick blender to combine and add coconut flour, baking powder and reserved corn.
- Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and add a heaped spoonful into the frying pan.
- Serve with salad and avocado.