6 simple ways to avoid cold and flus
Posted by Endeavour Wellness Clinics
It’s almost winter again, and already the dreaded flu is making an appearance. Runny noses, sore throats and a cough here and there. The good news? There are many natural, non-invasive ways to clear up those early signs of sickness or help your body ward off sickness altogether.
Now here’s what you should be doing.
These well-known steps to overcoming sickness are commonly known, but less commonly followed. Take time to follow these steps to help avoid colds and flus this season:
- Listen to your body: Don’t push through if you know you need to rest. Your work and family will understand. Plus, taking time to rest early may decrease your overall time feeling under the weather.
- Increase your fluid intake: You need to be drinking at least 2 litres of water per day. If you have trouble, hot herbal tea is one good way to get your fluids.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables: Green smoothies are a great way to get a dose of fruit, vegetables and fluids all in one.
- Add natural medicines / vitamins: Support your immune response with additional vitamins and natural medicines. A great place to start is visit a Naturopath for recommendations.
- Stay home to rest: To prevent the virus from spreading to friends and work colleagues, sometimes it’s important to take a sick day or stay in on the weekend to rest. It’s about listening to your body and doing what’s feels right for you.
- Visit us for a treatment: Alternatively visit us in clinic. Naturopathy, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Myotherapy appointments are available and priced from $15 per session they are an extremely cost effective way to avoid getting sick.
This article provides general information and is not intended to constitute advice. All care is taken to ensure information is accurate and relevant. Please see your Practitioner for health treatments and advice.