Remedial Massage (only available in Sydney from January 2020 but learn more about how our Myotherapists can help you)
What does a Remedial Massage treatment include:
- Postural screening, joint movement assessment and other testing to determine the location or source of the problem.
- Treatment that works to relieve pain, improve tissue health and promote normal function.
- Techniques appropriate to your specific condition and level of pain, such as myofascial release, trigger point therapy, deep tissue techniques, stretching and taping.
- Advice may be provided regarding stretching and other home-based health promotion activities.
What you can expect from a Relaxation Massage treatment:
- Postural screening and other brief physical assessment to identify areas of muscular tension in the body.
- Tissue health evaluation via palpation.
- Application of a therapeutic relaxation massage to the entire body (or as requested).
- May include myofascial release, stretching and/or lymphatic drainage as indicated.
Please note: 60 min consultations include up to 45 minutes of actual hands-on treatment.
Not in Sydney? Our Myotherapists can help!
If Remedial Massage is not available in your preferred location, perhaps our Myotherapists may be able to assist you. Myotherapy is the evidence-based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pain and associated conditions.
Our basic and intermediate treatments are most similar to remedial massage, and can use massage techniques to treat musculoskeletal pain, stiffness and discomfort. Our advanced treatments are more suitable for long-standing, very recent and complex painful conditions.
Want to know more about Myotherapy? head here.