Recipe: Paleo Veggie Bread
by Lani Hopper BHSc (Nut.Med) – Clinical Nutrition Student
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cups arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large (200g) zucchini, grated with extra
- moisture squeezed out
- 1 large (200g) carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, arrowroot flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl and using a fork, whisk the eggs lightly with the apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze as much excess liquid out of the zucchini and carrot as you can. Add to the eggs and whisk well.
- Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine. Pour the dough into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with pepitas.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top starts turning golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing into 1.5cm thick slices.