5 mocktails for a healthy Christmas
By Endeavour Wellness Clinic
With so many social gatherings and parties during this fun yet busy time of the year, here are a few non-alcoholic beverage recipes that will allow you to keep going hangover free!
A simple non-alcoholic version of the popular derby drink made with pineapple, orange and lime juice and mint.
- 1 measure pineapple juice
- 1 measure orange juice
- 1 measure freshly squeeze lime juice
- 1/2 cup of crushed ice
- Ginger ale, to top off
- 1 teaspoon mint, crushed or finely chopped
- Sprig of mint, for garnish
- Lime wedge and/or pineapple slice, for garnish
- Add ice to tall glass. Pour in pineapple, orange and lime juice.
- Top with ginger ale and stir in mint leaves.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge and/or pineapple slice, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 black tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 medium orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium lime
- 1 medium apple, cut into chunks
- 3 cups soda water
- Pour the boiling water over tea bags and cinnamon sticks and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and stir in sugar to dissolve.
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in soda water. Serve in glasses over ice.
Agave Dream Mocktail
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Fresh Squeezed Lime
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 2-4 Tablespoons Soda Water
- Dampen the rim of a small glass with agave nectar and dip in mixture of sugar and thyme.
- Combine avocado, water, lime, and agave nectar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until cool, then pour into a glass.
- Add desired amount of Soda Water. Stir and drink.
Cranberry Apple Mocktail
A fresh mix of Christmas flavours, this mocktail Wellnation Mocktail is a delicious blend of juices perfect for that Christmas spirit.
- 3 Cups apple juice
- 3 Cups cranberry juice
- 3 Cups orange juice
- Crushed ice
- Orange slices, for garnish
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, add juice and stir to combine. If your pitcher or bowl is smaller than 96 ounces, combine the juices in equal parts in a smaller amount and refill as necessary.
- Serve over ice and garnish with orange slices if desired.
- 2 Litres of Tomato Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Celery Stalks to serve
- Salt to line Lip of Glass
- Crushed Ice
- Dampen the rim of a small glass with lemon juice and dip in salt.
- Pour Tomato Juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco Sauce in a jug and stir.
- Pour mixture into the glasses of crushed ice.
- Place 1 x celery stalk into each glass.
- Serve and drink.
This article provides general information and is not intended to constitute advice. All care is taken to ensure information is accurate and relevant. Please see your Practitioner for health treatments and advice.